Friday, March 22, 2013

We R Memory Keepers-Guest Designer for Simply Spring!

I got the awesome opportunity to be a guest designer on We R Memory Keeper's Facebook page!  They sent me papers and embellishments from their  beautiful new 'Simply Spring' collection. I scrapped  some of the Easter pictures from last year using those papers.


I cut the title on my cameo, placed the green pattern paper title on the bottom and layered the stripe paper on top (just a little off) and sewed it down on the yellow background paper. Initially, I was going to journal directly on the Sweet Notes card but chose to instead print the journaling on a vellum sheet and just stapled it on the sweet notes journaling card. I like the softness and the dimension the vellum sheet adds.


After adding the banners, the circle spot, title and all the layers, I wanted to add something extra to it. So, made two polaroid frames on the cameo, smile and a heart and used the soft pink paper with the wire pattern. Sewing straight is so difficult!! I still don't know how to control speed properly. If I go to slow, my thread breaks or bundles up, If I go too fast ,it is not straight! Practice, Practice! 




Too finish the layout, I added some mist splatters! I am very happy with the way this turned out actually, considering I run away from pink:-) I guess you can use pink in moderation on a boy's layout as well! Just use it as an accent color! 

I hope to get some crafty time this weekend, although Sid is working on both Saturday and Sunday. Hoping to do something crafty with Anurag. :-) .

 Easter is almost approaching this year and I can't wait to go on an Egg Hunt with Anurag again! 
Thanks for visiting me today! Have a good weekend! 

Viji

5 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Cute page Viji!! Congrats on Guest Designing for WRMK!! Love the layered title and the pretty Yellow background!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Viji. The layout is superb, colors are so cute.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Congrats on y our guest design spot, Viji! Your layout is so beautiful I love your design and the colors!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a sweet page, Viji! Those pics are perfectly precious, and your palette is perfect for Easter! I adore the look of vellum, too, but I've never tried typing journaling on it. LOVE it to bits! TFS!

Taheerah said...

Really enjoyed looking through your blog today! All of your layouts are beautiful!! Love the colours and composition of this one!!