Sunday, March 17, 2013

Oh So Lovely! Color Me Scrappy #34

I can't believe it is March already! Time is flying by this year! We have pretty good weather right now! Not too hot, breezy most days. I am totally not looking forward for the summer to start. We are trying to be outdoors as much as possible. We went camping this weekend. Even though it was just for one night, it was great fun. Anurag loved every bit of it. We hiked a little. Anurag threw stones and sticks in the Brazos river. It was fun to sleep in the tent in our sleeping bags. He got a kick out of it! Now if only, we could get the fire to start! Well, we will be going back more prepared next time:-) We didn't have the starter fluid and it was super windy. Considering this was his first camping trip, it went pretty well. He refused to eat and drink which is a bummer because we can't go anywhere for more than 2 days in that case. Hopefully, the group feeding therapy will help. We do have a long way to go. One step at a time :-)

Meanwhile, I have been scrapping but just not blogging. Something which NEEDS to change!! I plan to blog everyday for the next couple of days and get all those layouts which I have been working on uploaded!

The color palette for challenge #34 at CMS is Pinks and Greens. I am not very comfortable with pink! My most favorite subject to scrap is my little boy! So, I tend to stay away from that color. It pushed me to scrap a picture of myself! 

Recently, I bought all of the Heidi Swapp Color Shine Mists from Michaels! I love all the colors!! They have a shine to them which I absolutely love. Somehow I never liked Tattered Angels mists but this shine, I am in love! I have had the gold for sometime now but I got the other 11 colors. I love the splatter look. I know a little late to the party, but hey I got there:-) 



I used the Amy Tan Yes Please Stitching template to handstitch the flower and the leaf. It was super easy to do. I love the template! Just make holes with the needle which comes with the template and place the piercing mat under the paper and make your design. Backstitch with the desired color of thread. I hope she comes out with more designs in the future. I didn't get the alphabet template. Might just get it. I added a few sequins to give the splatters a little pop. 


I used the transparent letter stickers again from Amy Tan's Yes Please collection. I love the Ombre stickers. They are really cool. I am still in love with gold and like to use it on my projects. I put together this layout in about an hour I think. I am getting faster :-) finally!!! I used to take hours before! 

This layout is based on the below color palette. The twist is you have to use tags and/or stitching on the layout. 


Hop on over to Color Me Scrappy to see what the other designers whipped up! I hope you will play along, the prize this month is an awesome mystery bag full of goodies!! Please leave a link to your blog, I would love to see your work! Thanks for visiting me! 




1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful page Viji! Love the way you used the mist and sequins across your page and the stitched flower is such a sweet touch!