Thursday, March 21, 2013

Serenity

This is the first time I have used neutrals by themselves on a layout! I think I achieved the look that I wanted. I used Ali Edward's 'love this memory' stamp on the background paper and used a fiskars polka dot circle border stamp around it. Alternated between moss green, brown and light brown.


I added the shell and the heart stones I found at Cape Cod as accents on the layout. It is bulky but I really wanted to use them! It is a very simple layout. Just a few layers and some embellishments. I love Heidi Swapp's color magic alphas! I used memento ink on that and wiped it off with a tissue to reveal the white dots. Added a bit of journaling and an arrow stamp and a arrow from freckled fawn. 


Anurag's(my 3.5 yr old) school is reopening tomorrow after spring break. He has been so difficult the whole of last week and this week. We have started doing bite and spit at home now. He is revolting big time and his whole behavior is changing.  Just becoming very rebellious about small things. I feel bad for him. It is so tough for him. Anurag got a time-out today after months! But I had to give him a time-out so it doesn't become a pattern. He is never like this. He always listens. I hope I can do some positive reinforcement on the weekend. He prefers his individual feeding sessions more than the group feeding therapy session. The group sessions are very tough and a lot of pressure. It has been super stressful! I feel bad for him too. Our whole day off-late has been about food. Writing this here, is like a note to look back at when things are better to remember where we were. Every small positive change is a huge thing! It is:) He had his first cookie last week and that is a huge deal!! It took him a long time to eat one cookie but he ate it:) I am so proud of him for that! There are positives I need to focus on, especially on bad days!


Well, you all have a good day! I will be back tomorrow with something to show you hopefully! It is a hectic day for me! Thanks for visiting me!


Viji


4 comments:

LB whosthischick said...

I think the neutral colors and all you chose realy highlight the photo

Julie (juls2000) said...

I love how soft this page is. It is perfect for your title. Beautiful!!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a pretty page Viji!! I love the neutrals and that you used the shell from your trip. I've done that before and really like the effect that it creates!

Mamatha said...

Very beautiful Viji... Loved the neutral look .