Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'll Never Let You Go!!

Anurag loves to hold onto our legs as we are walking and tell us ' I am never going to let you go'. I always tell him I hope you never will! I just love it when he says that. It is the cutest thing ever! I got some photos of him holding onto Sid and saying it. I had to scrap them!

I have gotten really comfortable with layering. I have been hoarding the golden dots vellum paper for so long! I think I have like 4 full sheets:) I love gold! My sewing machine was acting up big time when I was trying to stitch. The thread was breaking and making a big mess under the needle. I cleaned the machine a bit and changed the needle and then tried. It worked like a charm. It was kind of a pain because I was working on this layout in the last minute! I got some tips on how to fix the sewing issues from Lisa Wilkinson. She sews a lot on her layouts and was super sweet and gave me some great advice!


I used my cameo to do the title and layered a golden glitter paper under it. I hand cut some triangles and alternated the pattern paper and sewed it together to make a banner above it. I also added some ribbon and sewed it down. Sometimes, I really don't sew things directly down on the layout but just sew on top of the layer and just adhere it to the layout with glue. It is easier at times to do it this way. Saves me from sewing on multiple layers and getting it messed up!

  

I added some details to finish the layout. I think gold and kraft really brought together everything. It was fun to work with colors which are not my usual picks. I love being a part of Color Me Scrappy team for that reason. I get challenged to do layouts out of my comfort zone. 

Hope you are having a good week so far. I will be back tomorrow with another layout. Have a good day!

4 comments:

LB whosthischick said...

Fun layout. Like the arrows across the layout

Danielle said...

Such lovely photos and really fun layout!

Banu said...

Such a fun layout. Loved all the layering and of course what a sweet thought to capture. Really nice.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous layout! I really like all the gold, but especially the sweet words that prompted the layout. :)