Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MY 2 BEST GUYS!


 I love sunshine! OK well, I guess on paper :-) and when the temperature's in the 70's and it is Sunny! I totally despise the summers in Houston! It gets crazy hot and stays that way for a good six months! Last year, for my birthday we went to Cape Cod! It was an awesome vacation, stayed at a beach cottage for a week and then to Rhode Island to spend time with family. It was stressful with Anurag's feeding issues but he had fun and that's what matters :-) We spent some quality time with each other and did fun stuff! I have been planning to do a vacation album for it ever since. It is on my to-do list! 






When I saw this color combo at Color Me Scrappy, I knew the photos I was going to use immediately. It had to be bright and fun! I used SC Sunburst mask to do the sunrays. I water-colored instead of misting to give it a washed look. Don't know if I succeeded! But I like it! Added some washi under the photos to pop them up a bit. 



I added a few bits from Amy Tan's Sketchbook collection. The 'Oh Happy Day' circle is from SC Bright Ideas class. I added a few clouds on the top of the page. I love Amy's Clouds!! They add whimsy.




I used a mix of thickers for the title. My favorites are the aqua chalkboard thicker and Heidi's Color Magic alphas. I love the las vegas look of Heidi's alphas! I had fun getting out my watercolors and using different thickers. 

I love bright colors especially Yellow and Orange!! What are your favorite go to color for layouts?

Something I have noticed about me, I like to buy stamps but hardly ever use them on layouts! I would love to see more ideas on how to incorporate stamps on layouts. Please link me up to your layouts where you have used them! I would love to get inspired!

Thanks for visiting me:-) 

Lots of Love! Keep Crafting!

Viji

2 comments:

Suz said...

Totally adorable page. I love the easy breezy style perfect for a beachy layout. The colors, clusters & entire design make a wonderful page. Miss chatting with you - glad I came by to see you blog & be inspired by this post.

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Viji!! The starburst pattern is so pretty and I love the little fussy cut clouds! I am with you on the heat!! We've already had some close to 80 days in Alabama! Not looking forward to June, July, and August!!