Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Walk to Remember........






I love these photos. Thank you Sid for clicking these. These are so special....I wanted to scrap these photos and then I saw this sketch challenge on DCWV Diary. I knew it would be perfect for my photos. I looked for some pattern paper. But nothing was working with the pics and the look I wanted. Then I remembered this amazing fiskars stamp set I have and beautiful pastel card stock papers by DCWV. I knew that was a good start. I love that the card stock is textured. Gives that vintage and distressed look when you stamp on it! It is perfect! It is true about distress inks...once you start distressing..you can't stop!!! I distressed everything! I am in love with the DCWV Cardstock! It works great for distressing! The gorgeous circle (I had to make the circle 4 times!!I stamped something on it which I didn't like later,Distressed it too dark, Spelling mistake and then the fourth time the marker was too dark..fifth time was a charm;)), the journaling strips, the butterflies, background,stamped pattern paper..even the lace!! Ofcourse now my beautiful white chair has some ink spots and I still have inky hands! I washed my hands half a dozen times:D I loved loved this whole process!! I have never done such a layout before. This is my first!! Hope you like it :)
The journaling reads....it is not very clear in the photo...
" You love to hold my hand and walk. Your hands are so soft!!You pull my hand to take me where you want to go. You love to pick up the leaves. I love you so much ..(hearts)"

Challenge Entry For DCWV Sketch Challenge.
Tools and Paper Used:
DCWV Pastel Textured Card Stock, Fiskars Henna Stamp Set, Fiskars Butterfly Squeeze Punch, Fiskars Scalloped Daisy Border Punch, Fiskars Twist and Flip Corner Punch, Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Tool, CTMH Alpha Stamps, American Crafter's Black Marker.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely photos and LO Viji!

sowmya ananth said...

hey Viji!! this is really gr8...it is infact a beautiful picture.........and ur work accents it perfectly......inspires me to complete an old project of mine.....

sowmya ananth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Basement Stamper said...

Your scrapbook page is amazing!!