Thursday, August 2, 2012

CMS and Sketches in Thyme - Challenge #9

I am so excited to announce that Sketches in Thyme is doing a combined challenge with us over at Color Me Scrappy! I love Sketches in Thyme! Fabulous Sketches. I am so honored to be a Guest Designer on their blog! Get Ready!!

The color palette provided for this month is yummy! Check it out! I knew which photo's I was going to scrap the moment I saw this combo.


The sketch #86 provided by Sketches in Thyme is absolutely lovely. It is so versatile! I had no trouble with it. It was just so adaptable ! Perfect Sketch!


This is what I came up with! I did a mirror image of the sketch and made it into a two pager. You must already know I love two pagers! Well, Photo selection was easy. I chose the recent July 4th pics. The color combo made it super easy and fun !


I won the July ribbon kit from Ribbon Carousel. Check them out! They have some great sale and super cute stuff! It was perfect for my layout. I had so much fun weaving the ribbon. I love the red and blue with white stars on it! The red,white and blue twine added a little extra edge to the hidden journaling tag. I made flags with toothpicks and added some ribbon and rhinestone to it as well. 

I actually misspelled Philly. LOL. I did correct it later. And my husband couldn't stop laughing about the gatorade. He thought it was weird that I wrote gatorade in the middle of all that. Hey in my defense, it was too hot!! Equally important part of the day:) Couldn't have done without it!


I just got a Cameo!! I was wanting one forever! I love how everybody is cutting all intricate stuff on it. I am so thrilled!!!! I used Silhouette Cameo to cut out 'happy'. It is a free font. I do have Pazzles too btw. Crazy isn't it?? What am I going to do with two, I still don't have an answer. I used Mister Huey's misting spray and some rhinestones for embellishing. I am not very good with sprays yet. I need to watch some You Tube videos and learn. I am loving those rhinestones! I wish I had picked up a ton of them at CKC. I was not sure if I am going to like it. But, now I do!! I love it!


Well, I hope you like my layout! I had an awesome time doing this one. Everything just fit right starting from the color combo, sketch, photos and papers!

I hope you'll stop by the Color Me Scrappy blog and Sketches in Thyme to take a look at what the rest of the Design Team made using these Colors and Sketch as inspiration! This challenge is open until August 15th, 2012. I hope you will join in on the fun to win the awesome stacks by MME!! LOL I wish I could participate ;-)


 Thanks for visiting me and leaving comments! I appreciate it! 

Supplies

Cardstock: Bazzill Off-White Cardstock, Bazzill Navy Blue Cardstock and AC pastel green cardstock.

Pattern Paper: American Made by MME
Embellishments: American Made by MME collection embellies, Rhinestones, Mister Huey's Spray, Ribbon, Toothpicks
Ink: Distress Ink-Barn Red
Glue: ATG and Foam Dots by Glue Arts
Tools: Fiskars(Trimmer, Scissors), Silhouette Cameo, Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch and Fiskars Leave it to Weaver Border Punch (love fiskars)
Pen: AC black precision pen, Uniball White Signo Pen

Printer: Canon Pro 9000 Mark II



1 comment:

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that you turned this into a two-pager! And your theme couldn't be more any perfect for the color story! Plus, I'm really lovin' those sweet ribbons and flags!