Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stamping on Canvas!

I was lucky to get some goodies for a stamping challenge on fiskateers from Tami, one of the lead fiskateers! Thanks Tami and Fiskars!!! I chose to do a canvas card for the challenge! I totally love the Henna Petals Stamp Set. It is so versatile!!



Canvas has a heavy bumpy grain( i read this somewhere..and now I second it!), which makes it tough to get a good image like you do on a cardstock. If you like the distressed faded look, you will like canvas! I had the fortune of using a gorgeous stamp set, the Henna Petals.

Step 1. Cut 4 strips of canvas in 1.5″ X 3.5 ” size.



Step 2. Stamp the image on 3 of the strips and fray the edges for the cool look. Pull along until you get the amount of fray that you want — you can’t fray beyond the thread sewn around, so just keep pulling until you like the look.



Step 3.Take a piece of kraft cardstock, adhere it on the card and adhere these canvas strips with even distance on the cardstock.



Step 4.Take the 4th strip of canvas, stamp the image you like and color it with markers and fray the edges. Adhere it on a brown cardstock.



Step 5.Adhere the 4th strip of canvas on the card and cut a small strip of canvas, stamp your sentiment and fray the edges and adhere it on the cardstock. Adhere the sentiment to the card as well. Add a bow for dimension!



I had tons of fun making this card! I hope you all like it! I love fiskars!

3 comments:

Marianne B in AZ said...

Viji,

I really like how your card turned out. So much, in fact, I used the basic idea and made my mom's birthday card yesterday. Not on canvas, because I don't have any, but just on cardstock. Hopefully I will remember to take a picture and I will show you my lift of your card.

Hugs, Marianne

Selina said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for the great pictures to show us how to do this!

I'm a new follower! Thanks for following my blog!
http://www.mudpiereality.blogspot.com

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

You won the Tuesday TT on my blog stash! Please e-mail me your mailing address asap so I can get them out to you! Congrat's!